Terms and Conditions
Study First Award
This award is available to students domiciled in designated Welsh Communities First areas with a household income of £42,600 or less.
- You are applying through UCAS as a new student entering the university in 2014 for a full time course.
- Cardiff Metropolitan University must be your Firm Choice University on your UCAS application. You need to be domiciled in a Welsh Communities First area. We will use data from Higher Education Funding Council for Wales to confirm your ‘Communities First’ (CF) status.
- The Household income needs to be less than £42,600k. You must be registered with Student Finance Wales and give consent to share their household income details. Student Finance Wales can be contacted here:
- The accommodation element of the package only applies to Cardiff Metropolitan University, Liberty Living, Victoria Halls Residences and those properties on Cardiff Metropolitan University's Landlord Register. Please contact Accommodation Services for further details.
- You must complete the award application form to be considered for the award. Deadline for applications is 30th September 2014.
- Payment of the award in years 2 and 3 (and 4 for certain subjects) is subject to the successful progression onto the next year of study. The award will not be provided to anyone having to re-sit a whole year.
- This award is not available to those studying at franchise colleges. Please contact the college to discuss bursaries and scholarship availability.
All correspondence regarding your application will be made by letter or email, using the contact details provided in your application.
Payment of the Award
Following enrolment in September 2014, we will confirm in writing whether you are eligible for the award and will provide instructions on how the award will be allocated to you.
This is not a cash award. The award value will be credited to your Student ID card following your registration at the University, credited to your accommodation provider and allocated against a Cardiff Met Rider bus pass automatically. The book voucher will come in the form of a voucher.
The elements of and associated value of the award are not transferable.
For enquiries relating to the Study First Award please email: email@example.com.
Care Leavers Bursary
We have a limited number of care leavers bursaries available for UK students who enrol on a full-time undergraduate basis. The bursary is set at a a maximum of £1,000 pa.
To be eligible for a care leavers bursary, all students:
- Must be under the age of 25.
- Must have provided full details of support workers.
- Who have been in care since the age of 14 must have been in care for no less than 6 months.
- Who have been in care from the age of 16 must have been in care no less than 3 months.
- Who have been irreconcilably estranged from parents or guardians between the age of 16 and leaving school or FE College.
Application is via an application form submitted to the university.
Allocation of Scholarships
- Scholarships will be awarded based on the information held by the admissions department in September. Students are advised therefore to ensure their records held by Admissions are full and complete and to send in proof of qualifications, when asked.
- All awards will be allocated during September and following this there will be no more awards made in the year.
- Highest achieving students will be notified whether they will be awarded the scholarship in September 2014.
- Not a cash award.
- Awards will be allocated against fees to pay your bill in full (up to a maximum value of £4700). You will be notified when this has been completed.
- There are a limited number of awards available
- You should be privately funded
- You should be from the UK or EU
- You must have obtained a first class degree at Cardiff Metropolitan University or another university.
- You must be studying a full time, taught masters programme in 2014
- You must be studying at a Cardiff based campus
- This scholarship is not available to PGCE students.
- You must apply by the deadline of August 31st 2014
Application forms and further particulars for the sports scholarship can be obtained from the student union website at http://www.cardiffmetsu.co.uk/
- Applicants should be playing at county or international level
- Successful applicants will be called for interview
For an application pack follow this link www.cardiffmetsu.co.uk/au/content/22891/scholarships
The University reserves the right to withdraw anyone who is found to have misled the University about any aspect of their eligibility, and seek recovery of any monies already paid by appropriate means.
If a student changes to a different programme of study, their eligibility of their bursary or scholarship will be reviewed and the scholarship may be withdrawn (e.g. if a student switches to a programme funded by the NHS).