Undergraduate Students 
Financial support for undergraduate students

If you are enrolling onto a full-time undergraduate course, this page is designed to give you some idea of the financial support that you're entitled to and where you need to go to apply for it.

The types of support that are available are likely to be:

  • Tuition Fee Loans and Grants
  • Student maintenance loan to help with your living costs
  • Additional allowances and grants where appropriate

To access this support, you should apply to Student Finance Wales if you're living in Wales and Student Finance England if you're living in England, which are the organisations responsible for deciding whether or not you are eligible and how much you are entitled to.

The Student Finance & Welfare Advisory Service has produced a leaflet called Money Matters which provides information on loans and grants and gives some important tips on managing your money whilst you're at university.

As well as the above funding, Social Work students can refer to the Care Council for Wales for bursary information.

Students on NHS courses can refer to the NHS Wales Student Award Unit webpages for funding information.

There is also some discretionary support available, such as the Financial Contingency Fund so click here to find out more.