Why have a Complaints Procedure?
The purpose of the procedure is to provide a formal route through which you, as a student or member of staff or the public, can bring a complaint to the attention of Cardiff Metropolitan University.
The procedure aims to:
- be accessible
- encourage informal conciliation and resolution nearest to the source of the complaint
- allow speedy handling, within established time-frames
- ensure full and fair consideration of complaints
- respect complainants’ confidentiality
- provide an effective and appropriate response
- support the right of the complainant to be accompanied at any stage of the procedure
- contribute to Cardiff Metropolitan University’s performance measurement
- identify areas of weakness in order to support Cardiff Metropolitan University’s development and improvement