What is a complaint?
A complaint is defined as an oral or written expression of dissatisfaction or concern you may have about facilities or services provided by Cardiff Metropolitan University, or about actions or lack of actions by Cardiff Metropolitan University or its staff.
This does NOT include:
- requests for new or different services
- harassment and bullying
- academic decisions
- Student Union procedures
- disciplinary or misconduct procedures
- financial matters
- staff grievance procedures
- Freedom of Information Act and Environmental Information Regulations
- complaints by students on franchised programmes at other institutions
These issues are covered by separate procedures, but if in doubt write directly to the Complaints Officer at the address at the end of this document, who will advise you on which procedure to follow and will pass on your concerns to the relevant person(s). If an appropriate procedure is not available or there is doubt about which one is most suitable, then the Complaints Procedure will be adopted.