1. Tradition and Reputation. Cardiff Met has a long tradition of teaching sport and PE
2. 1800 Students are pursuing sport and dance related courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
3. Eighty Specialist Sports Science and Physical Education Staff work at Cardiff Met, many of whom are involved in International sport and provide support to:
- UK and Welsh Athletics
- Welsh Rugby Union
- Welsh Squash Rackets Association
- Welsh Triathlon Squad
- Welsh Gymnastics
- Welsh Hockey Union
- Welsh Judo
- England Netball
- British Basketball
- Badminton Association of England
4. Facilities include:
- 8 lane Mondo synthetic track with full field event facilities
- 100m indoor straight
- 3G Pitch
- Artificial pitch
- Inclusion Fitness Gym
- LTA Indoor and Outdoor Tennis Centre
- Netball courts
- Dance studio
- Gymnastics training centre
- Indoor cricket centre
- Sport science laboratories
5. National Indoor Athletics Centre (NIAC) - incorporating a 200m track and specialist field event facilities.
6. Cardiff Met is an MCC University Centre of Excellence for Cricket
7. The Centre for Performance Analysis is based at Cyncoed and services the needs of many international squads and elite clubs
8. Sports Massage and Physiotherapy Clinics are based in the National Indoor Athletics Centre, Cyncoed Campus, Cardiff.
9. Inclusion Gym provides specialist training facilities for Wales disabled athletes
10. The Sports University of Wales.
London Olympic and Paralympic Games 2012
Over 30 current and former staff and students competed in or supported the Games. Participants included:
Helen Glover - Gold, pairs rowing
Aled Davies - Gold, discuss
11. The Cardiff Met Hall of Fame Roll of Honour includes over 300 International performers from 30 different sports.
12. Commitment to National League and Cup Competitions. Cardiff Met is fully committed to participation and success in National League and Cup competitions across a range of major sports.