Cardiff Metropolitan University is proud to be a member of the FE2HE Consortium, which also comprises Bridgend College, the College, Ystrad Mynach, Cardiff and Vale College, and St David’s Catholic College, Cardiff.
The Consortium aims to provide a framework for higher education level studies to be undertaken at member further education colleges and to assist with student progression to Cardiff Metropolitan University as well as meeting employer-led demand for developing skills and training.
Members of the FE2HE Consortium:
- Bridgend College
- Cardiff and Vale College
- Y Coleg, Ystrad Mynach
- St David’s Catholic College, Cardiff
- Cardiff Metropolitan University
FE2HE Consortium is governed by two committees:
- Steering Group: its members are the Principals and Chairs of Governors of each FE College and Cardiff Metropolitan University’s Chair of Governors and Vice-Chancellor.
- Executive Group: Its members are the Vice Principals of each College and Cardiff Metropolitan University’s Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Learning & Teaching).
Aims & Objectives of FE2HE Consortium:
- To provide a framework for HE level studies to be undertaken at member FE Colleges.
- To aid the progression of students from member FE Colleges to study higher education at Cardiff Metropolitan University.
- To develop collaborative academic developments to target audiences.
- To meet employer-led demand for training.
- To meet the Welsh Assembly Government agenda for widening participation detailed in Reaching Higher/Reaching Wider.
The target audience of the FE2HE Consortium:
- Decision-makers in Wales.
- Potential students, from full-time school leavers to part-time adult learners.
- Career advisers e.g. Go Wales.