How many items can I borrow?
- Undergraduates - 15 items
- Staff/Researchers - 20 items
- Postgrads/Placement - 20 items
- Sconul Access - 5 items
- Community Plus - 5 items
- Community Borrowers - 2 items
- Community Executive - 10 items
How long can I borrow for?
- No Tape - 3 weeks
- Green Tape - 1 week
- Yellow Tape - 1 day
- Reserve Sticker - 4 hour loan
- Red Tape - Reference only
Can I Reserve an item?
Borrowers can reserve items already on loan to another user or held at another campus. This is done using the library catalogue Locate.
All you need to do is search for an item, choose request and then follow the on-screen instructions. An email will be sent to your Cardiff Met email (or an alternative if you have given us one) once the item becomes available.
Can I renew an item?
Items can be renewed in person, by telephone or online.
Staff and students can renew online through My Portal. External borrowers can renew online by using the My Account option on the library catalogue. Telephone renewals can be made during library opening hours.
You cannot renew items if:
- The item has been reserved by another library user and needs to be returned.
- The item is an inter-library or 4-hour loan.
Items cannot be renewed online if you have fines or messages on your record.
Items can be returned to any of the learning centres. If the learning centre is closed book boxes are available outside each entrance (not at Howard Gardens).
You are responsible for items borrowed until they are taken off your library account.
Returning books late?
Please see our fines policy.