How many items can I borrow?
- Undergraduates - 15 items
- Staff/Researchers - 20 items
- Postgrads/Placement - 20 items
- Sconul Access - 5 items
- Community Plus - 5 items
- Community Borrowers - 2 items
- Community Executive - 10 items
How long can I borrow for?
- No Tape - 3 weeks
- Green Tape - 1 week
- Yellow Tape - 1 day
- Reserve Sticker - 4 hour loan
- Red Tape - Reference only
Can I Reserve an item?
You can reserve items if they are out on loan or held at another campus library.
Search for the book and then click Reserve this item.
What is my borrower number and PIN?
Your borrower number is on your Cardiff Met card (leave out any letters and include the issue number).
Your PIN is the first four letters of your surname in capitals.
Can I renew an item?
Staff and students can renew online through the Essentials area of the TSR.
External borrowers can renew online by using the My Account option on the library catalogue.
We can also renew items for you at the library desk or if you phone us.
You cannot renew items if:
- The item has been reserved by another library user and needs to be returned.
- The item is an inter-library or 4-hour loan.
- You have fines or messages on your record (applies to online renewals only).
Items can be returned to any of the learning centres. If the learning centre is closed book boxes are available outside each entrance (not at Howard Gardens).
Returning books late?
Fines are charged on a daily basis.
Normal items are charged a 20p-per-day fine, up to a maximum of £5.00 per item.
4 hour loans are charged a 50p-per-hour fine up to a maximum of £10.00 per item