Africa Partnership Initiative
The Africa Partnership Initiative was developed by Design Wales and the Cardiff School of Health Sciences (CSHS), at the University of Wales Institute Cardiff.
The aim of API is to provide opportunity, through collaboration, to further develop the use of appropriate and relevant technology and community resources as a basis to promote and develop projects with Africa.
API is also a member of Wales for Africa Health Links Network
The API activities are in five main areas:
• Poverty Related Diseases.
• Occupational / Industry Working Environment.
• Strategic Alliance between Health and Environment- Libreville Declaration
• Community Health.
• Learning and Teaching.
API activities are co-ordinated by a multi- disciplinary steering group, whose members are:
• Prof. Robert Brown, Design Wales.
• Prof. George Karani, CSHS, Chair
• Dr. Keith Morris, Reader, CSHS
• Dr. Mustafa Megrahi, CSHS.
• Colin Powell, Senior Lecturer, CSHS
• Dr. Ara Kanekanian, Principal Lecturer, CSHS
• Gavin Cawood, Design Wales