Yaounde 1 University
The visit to Yaounde 1 university was hosted by Prof. Wilfred Mbacham, Biotechnology Centre, University of Yaoundé1
•George Karani held meetings with Prof Guy Tsala,Vice Rector for Research, Cooperation and Relations with industries.
• Professor Karani presented a public lecture on ‘University-Industry Partnership: Case study Waste Management,’ at the Biotechnology Centre. The meeting was chaired by the University Director of Research and attended by over 35 people from the university, non-government organisations, industry and government.
Areas of collaboration will include:
1) Joint PhD supervision.
2) Provide examples of CPD programmes related to the industry to the team in Yaoundé, so that they can enhance their CPD programmes.
3) Joint research projects on
• Climate and health.
• Ageing and nutrition, and especially the role of natural plants and food products available in Cameroon.
• Indigenous knowledge in the areas of environment and health.
• The role of drama therapy within the Black and Ethnic Minority Organisations in Wales. The Yaoundé group has used drama therapy in HIV and AIDS patients in Cameroon.