Consultancy and CPD
The School of Health Sciences has received significant investment in recent years, culminating in a new £4.2 million building that houses state-of-the-art Biomedical research and consultancy laboratories as well as a food manufacturing pilot plant, which includes general high and low care food processing, bakery, confectionery and sensory evaluation facilities. The School provides applied research and consultancy services and continuing professional development programmes for each of the professions which it represents.
It has a number of specialist units which provide day-to-day services to the public, industrial and professional support. They include:
• Food Research and Consultancy for industry and public sector.
• Biomedical Research projects for the pharmaceutical industry.
• Health and safety consultancy and training services for industry.
• Occupational & environmental bioaerosol assessments.
• Occupational Health assessments.
• Mapping and scoping projects for the health service such as the psychology of obesity and brief interventions for dependent drinking
• CPD courses in motivational interviewing,
• A range of short CPPD programmes for the profession provided by our experts in Trading Standards.
• CPD courses for professional social services staff and specialist training for those wishing to become inspectors for the Care Standards Inspectorate for Wales.
• Professionally accredited Complementary Therapy modules.
• Private treatment and consultancy services in podiatry for the entire range of foot conditions.
• Support for social housing issues.