List of Services
Maintain the property estate in accordance with the current legislation and Health and Safety requirements, and to ensure that all services and utilities are available for staff and students.
The estate asset is proactively maintained via the planned maintenance programme and reactively maintained in emergency and breakdown situations via the Property Services Maintenance Helpdesk.
The response maintenance to Schools/Units is carried out within the terms of a memorandum of understanding.
The following represents the scope of maintenance services provided:
- Building fabric and structures
- Electric power
- Safe access and egress from the place of work
- Alarm Systems
- Floor covering and decoration
- Grounds Maintenance
- Energy policy and management/procurement of utility services
- Carrying out statutory tests on behalf of Schools
- Portable Appliance Testing
The works undertaken in this section consist of the development of the estate.
Development comprises the refurbishment of existing buildings, or parts thereof, or the construction of new buildings to provide improved facilities in support of Cardiff Metropolitan University academic needs.
These schemes depending upon their value are categorized either as Minor Works or Capital Works.
In respect of all projects the role usually taken by the section is that of “Client”. The specific duties that would typically be performed include: -
- Taking client department brief
- Appointing Professional Team
- Managing the Professional Team
- Appointing the principal contractor
- Co-ordinating the Contractors works within the Universities requirements
- Managing handover and occupation by the client department
Teaching Resources/AudioVisual Support (AV)
The core functions of this service is to:
- Provide audiovisual support service to general teaching and meeting rooms across the University.
- Maintain audio visual equipment.
- Arrange bookings and support for videoconferences
For more information contact email us at: