The Cardiff School of Education includes the Department for Intial Teacher Training, the Department for Professional Development and the Department for Humanities. Across these three departments, lecturers have a broad and varied range of experience and are able to offer applied research and consultancy services, continuing professional development programmes as well as short courses, sharing this expertise with collaborative partners and interested individuals. The School engages with SMEs (small to medium enterprises) and community organisations as well as schools and Local Authorities. The diversity of the skills and knowledge brings a vibrant dynamic to the School which we are keen to share.
The Cardiff School of Education aims to:
• Provide high quality consultancy services to meet the needs of local organisations and communities
• Develop and deliver programmes, beyond the School's core portfolio, to meet the needs and aspirations of learners and learning organisations, regionally and internationally
• Provide high quality knowledge transfer and consultancy services to the public and private sector
• Undertake research and evaluation activities for the public and private sector in the field of education, training, youth work and humanities
• Contribute to the political debate and developments within the field of education, training, youth work
The School also has a number of specialist Enterprise Services which are linked to our core business:
Cardiff Met Press
The School's own publishing house that undertakes commissions for specific texts as well as publishing the School's Research Papers.
The English Language Training Centre
Provides English Language skills training for students for whom English is not their first language. The Centre is able to offer accredited training such as the International Foundation Course as well as bespoke courses such as Using English for Academic Purposes.