European Computer Driving Licence
|The ECDL is the professionally recognised European-wide qualification which enables you to demonstrate your competence in computer skills. It is accredited by the British Computing Society (BCS). You do not need any prior knowledge of IT to study the ECDL.
This flexible programme covers seven modules which can be taken at any order and at any time over three years. All modules have to be passed to gain the qualification and include:
- Security for IT Users
- IT User Fundamentals
- Word Processing
- Spreadsheet Software
- Database Software
- Presentation Software
- Using email and the Internet
The cost of the course is £280* which includes
1. Registration with the British Computer Society (the awarding body for ECDL)
2. Registration as a Cardiff Met Student
3. Access to online courseware to enable you to study at any time that is convienent to you.
4. Access to twice-weekly workshop-based sessions**
- where you may work through courseware, ask any questions you may have and sit the module assessement tests.
5. Seven Module tests
For further information about this course please contact:
The Cardiff Met ECDL Centre, Cardiff School of Education, Cardiff Metropolitan University, Cyncoed Road, CF23 6XD
* Course fees are non-refundable and expire after 12 months
** during term-time
Tel: 029 2041 7078
Click here for the Application Form (Microsoft Word Document)
Click here for the Cardiff Met Student Registration Form (Microsoft Word Document)