Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC) is committed to treating its donors with the highest level of care and respect. The Donor Charter has been created to assure donors and prospective donors of the integrity and accountability of our development activities.
All donors and prospective donors have the following rights:
• To be treated by all Cardiff Metropolitan University staff involved with the solicitation and receipt of donations in a fair, transparent, accurate and honest manner in accordance with all the professional codes of fundraising ethics and good practice.
• To receive fundraising solicitations and stewardship reports from the Institution that are truthful, accurately describe the activities and the intended / actual uses of donated funds.
• To receive appropriate and timely acknowledgment, recognition, and publicity for their donation in accordance with the donors' wishes, and to respect anonymity if requested.
• To be consulted if their donation cannot be used for its intended purpose and have it repaid if agreement cannot be reached within a short period of time for an alternative use.
• To be kept informed of the impact of their philanthropy and the Institution’s evolving needs and priorities. This includes receiving progress reports on supported activity.
• To be assured that donors' rights to privacy and confidentiality will be respected with all donor records kept secure and that there will be full compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
• To have their details removed from the University's alumni and fundraising database or the number / type of solicitations limited if so requested.
• To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers or employees of the Institution.
• The Institution will respond within 30 days to a complaint by a donor or prospective donor about any matter relating to the Institution’s alumni or fundraising activities.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of the Donor Charter or any other matters relating to development and alumni activity at Cardiff Metropolitan University, please contact Sheona Evans, Development Manager on 029 2020 1590 or email@example.com.