Student Finance & Welfare Advisory Service
PLEASE NOTE THAT, ON THE 20TH AUGUST 2014, THE WELSH GOVERNMENT WITHDREW THE FINANCIAL CONTINGENCY FUND SCHEME WITH EFFECT FROM THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2014/15. AT THE PRESENT TIME, THE UNIVERSITY IS CONSIDERING ITS OPTIONS SO PLEASE CHECK THESE PAGES FOR FURTHER UPDATES.
If you're coming to university in 2014, click below to see what financial support you may be entitled to.
Click below for information on Teacher Training incentives if you are coming to university in 2014.
Financial Contingency Fund
Click below to see whether you may be eligible for a non-repayable award from the Financial Contingency Fund.
Are money worries interfering with your studies?
Need to know where to go for funding advice?
Do you need to know how studying will affect your benefits?
The Student Finance & Welfare Advisory Service is part of Cardiff Met's Student Services and offers confidential, impartial and non-judgemental advice on all aspects of student finance and it's FREE to all Cardiff Met students and prospective students.
Here are some of the things that we're able to offer:
- One-to-one interviews with a Student Finance &Welfare Adviser
- Advice on budgeting and money management
- Advice on what financial support is available and where to find it
- Information on changes to fees and financial support
- Help with debt problems
- Advice on benefits whilst you are a student
- Administration of the Financial Contingency Fund
- Short term emergency financial assistance if the first instalment of your Student Loan is late (through no fault of your own)