Thinking of Coming to Cardiff Metropolitan University
All prospective students should have access to careers advice through their local Careers Wales/Connexions Service, College Careers Office or Adult Guidance Service.
In addition Career Development Service welcomes the opportunity to meet prospective students to discuss the career implications of their course choice. See Interviews and Workshops for details of how to arrange an appointment.
Career Development Services will be here to help you throughout your time at the university, and we welcome contact from you at any stage.
You will hear a lot about employability at the university - visit the Student Employability page to see some of the opportunities which will be available to you.
Our role is to help you develop the skills to manage your career in the long term and to support you in taking the next steps. Everything you say to us is confidential and we promise that any advice we give you will be in your best interests.
These are just some of the things we're able to offer our students and graduates:
In the border on the left you will see a list of links which will take you to all the sections of this site. If there's anything you can't find, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- One-to-one guidance interviews to help you make decisions about your future
- Help finding information about different occupations, study options and jobs/employers to apply to
- Introduction to GO Wales and its services
- Work experience and work tasters
- Practical help with all stages of applications for jobs and courses
- Jobs and Careers Fairs, visits from providers of a range of opportunities