Lecturer in Educational Studies
||Cardiff School of Education
||029 2041 5891
• Pedagogy And Andragogy Research Group (PARG)
• Member of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
• Member of the British Sociological Association
• Member of the British Education Studies Association
• Barriers and incentives to participation in adult and continuing education
• The role of lifelong learning in facilitating social inclusion and economic regeneration in Wales
Tim Palazon joined Cardiff Metropolitan University in September 2007 His academic interests revolve around barriers and incentives to participation in adult and continuing education and the role of lifelong learning in facilitating social inclusion and economic regeneration in Wales. This incorporates issues of recruitment and retention of non traditional learners and the use of e-learning.
After graduating from Cardiff University as a mature student, Tim taught on Access courses in an FE College, before joining the University of Glamorgan where he was a Senior Lecturer in Research Methods in The Glamorgan Business School. This led to a continued interest in the role of social enterprise in the regeneration process and associated learning needs. He has presented and published several papers on this theme.
Other activities include collaborative projects with voluntary and community based groups to develop strategies to widen opportunities for potential learners in marginalised communities.