International Business Management - MSc
The Masters in International Business Management is a new programme replacing our highly successful Masters in Management. The demands of the international economy, and the increasing globalisation of business and management practice, has led us to re-launch our programme with a new and exciting international focus and curriculum. Drawing on established business disciplines we have produced a series of creative and challenging modules that reflect current themes and debates in international business and management. In addition we are able to offer an established programme in professional development, with mentoring, support, and a vibrant student community creating a stimulating and progressive learning environment.
Students will consider the following modules:
- Leadership, Team Building and Communication
- International Management: People and Operation
- Organizations and Culture in a Global Context
- Creativity, Marketing and Enterprise
- Globalisation and Contemporary Issues in Business and Management
- Global Systems and Strategy
- Professional Development and Practice in Business and Management
- Business Analysis
- International Research Project
Extra curricula features include:
- A series of year long postgraduate skills workshops focusing upon both academic and business skills.
- A fully integrated Professional Development Programme.
- A teaching programme that is fully supported with on and off line resources, including the Blackboard virtual learning environment.
- Guest lectures by academic and business experts. Experts will be used to enhance learning and provide specialist knowledge and experience.
- A full system of student support and guidance from dedicated student support staff.
- An outward bound activity induction programme.
- The provision of free specialist language courses, for home and international students.
Employability & Careers
This Masters programme offers students a wide variety of business and management career opportunities, both in domestic and international markets. Businesses are increasingly looking for international business knowledge and skills, the focus of this programme. Past students have found employment as management consultants, project managers, and entered on to a variety of graduate employment schemes within many top firms both in the UK and overseas.
All students should hold a first degree or equivalent, with a minimum 2:2 award. Although management experience is not essential it is desirable. Students who do not hold such qualifications will be assessed as to their suitability through interview and where necessary the taking of references. Students whose first language is other than English will need to provide evidence of fluency to at least IELTS 6.0.
School: Cardiff School of Management
Course Length: One year full-time.
Assessment: Assess on the programme is all via coursework, and will take a variety of formats including essay, reflective evaluations, case study analysis, marketing plans and presentations.
How to Apply:
Applications for this course should be made direct to the university via our self-service facility. For further information please visit our How to Apply pages at www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/howtoapply.
Before making an application, international students (those outside of the EU), should contact the International Office at Cardiff Met to discuss the necessary procedures in relation to studying with us. For further information visit www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/international.
Tuition Fees and Financial Support:
For up to date information on tuition fees and the financial support that may be available. Please refer to www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/fees.
The university also offers a postgraduate scholarship scheme to help students whilst at university. To see if you are eligible, visit www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/scholarships.