How to apply
Cardiff Metropolitan University welcomes applications from students all across the world, and recognises a wide range of international qualifications.
Once you have selected your course, the next step is to apply. For all undergraduate and postgraduate courses, the International office allows you to apply directly to the university. Further information about this process can be found below under "Application process".
Entry requirements differ from course to course. The University values both work experience and academic qualifications and will consider students from a wide range of academic backgrounds. You may also need to undertake an English qualification before being admitted onto a course.
Our team of International Marketing Officers travel all over the world to meet potential students and assist with your queries and application. In some cases, you can be interviewed and be made an offer in person in your own country. Found out where our officers will be next by viewing our International Office in Your Country page.
For Undergraduate programmes, International students can be made directly to the University using our International Student Application Form.
We also accept applications from the University and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS), details of how to apply can be found on their website.
Post graduate applications must be submitted directly to Cardiff Metropolitan through the International Student Application Form or via our online graduate application form.
In order for us to assess your application, it is very important to provide us with as much information about your academic qualifications as possible. Therefore, you will also need to submit the following documents with your application:
- Photocopies of your exam certificates and transcripts
- English language certificate - if applicable
- 2 references on headed paper, these can be either academic or employer references
- Evidence of sponsorship – if applicable
- Art and Design courses only – you should send a copy of your portfolio which should include 10-20 clear and informative slides or photographs on a CD ROM. This should be accompanied by an explanation of the dimensions, medium, subject matter and any other information. We would also welcome any further statements about the influences, aims and ideas in your work, your ambitions and other achievements
- Sports courses only – evidence of personal sporting achievements
Completed applications and supporting documentations should be sent via email to: email@example.com. You will not be required to send hard copies of your documents unless requested by the International Office.
A confirmation email will be sent to you upon receipt of your application. A decision on your application should be received by email within 21 working days.
If you are successful and you are made an offer, you should contact the International Office as soon as possible to tell us if you wish to accept your offer. We will then provide you with further information regarding the progress of your application and preparing to arrive at the University.
If you have any questions about your application or what you need to qualify for entry onto your chosen course, our team will be very pleased to give you advice. Please email International@cardiffmet.ac.uk.
Country Specific Information