Helping you achieve: Scholarships for International Students studying at Cardiff Met
We believe all students deserve the opportunity to enhance their career prospects, irrespective of their financial situation. That’s why we offer a range of undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships and studentships to support our International students.
For students starting in September 2013
The Alumni scholarship is awarded to International students who have completed their Undergraduate studies with Cardiff Metropolitan and progress onto Masters in the UK
||Award: Up to £1,500
MBA Scholarship is based on academic and/or professional, evidenced work experience
|Vice Chancellor Scholarship
The Vice Chancellor Scholarship, awarded to a number of our MA and MSc programmes, is based on academic and/or professional, evidenced work experience
For Students joining January 2013
Scholarships up to £1500 will be available for: the following programmes:
- MBA (with specialist pathways)
- LLM International Business (with specialist pathways)
- MSc Finance
- MSc Financial Management
- MSc Finance and Information Management
- MSc Information and Communication Technology Management
- MSc Technology Project Management
Eligibility for scholarships
All International applicants will be automatically considered for our scholarships. You will not be expected to complete a separate application, we will automatically consider students for one of these awards when we receive your application and confirmation of scholarship will be included in your offer letter.
Applicants must accept their offer by the deadline stated in our offer letter in order to be eligible for their awarded scholarship.
- Students are entitled to one scholarship only
- The Vice Chancellor Scholarship applies to only PG taught courses with £11,000 fee. Other specialist courses do not qualify
Our International student scholarships do not apply to:
- Students on programmes offered by the English Language Training Centre (ELTC) (e.g. International Foundation or English language skills courses)
- Fully sponsored students.
- If you are sponsored by your company, government or similar, you will not be entitled to the international scholarship.
Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- Our Scholarships are awarded to FULL fee paying International Students ONLY. Should your fee status change from International to EU or Home (UK), you will not be eligible for the scholarship awarded by the University.
- Students must be studying full-time, on campus to qualify for the scholarship. Distance Learning students are not eligible
- No cash alternatives will be offered and the scholarship cannot be transferred to any other course at Cardiff Met or to any other nominated recipient
- Valid only for September 2013 entry. Scholarships cannot be deferred with an application for September 2014 or later
- If an applicant is allocated a scholarship but then withdraws their application or does not enrol onto the course for any reason, the scholarship is forfeited
- The university reserves the right to withdraw or not award scholarships at any point before they are allocated.
- You must have applied by 30th June to be considered for the scholarship – applications after this date may not be considered
Country Specific Information