Why Cardiff Met?
Making a decision to study overseas is not something we feel you have taken lightly. It is important to us that you get the very most of your time here. As a result, Cardiff Metropolitan prides itself on the high level of individual support which is given to each and every one of our international students. In choosing to study at our University, you have the opportunity to graduate from one of the UK's most respected modern universities. As a graduate of one of our many vocationally focused courses, you help secure your success in your chosen career.
Building upon a longstanding and proud tradition, Cardiff Metropolitan University has an established international reputation for the provision of professional and vocationally focused courses. This reputation is supported by a broad programme of applied research and consultancy, and the university's close links with industry.
The University is organised into five academic schools over three campuses, situated in and around the city of Cardiff: Cardiff School of Art & Design; Cardiff School of Education; Cardiff School of Health Sciences; Cardiff School of Management and Cardiff School of Sport.
With the highest proportion of international students at any university in Wales, the University's reputation as one of the UK's leading modern universities is a reflection of our high quality teaching and research, as well as the committed and enthusiastic academic staff in all of our Schools. Extensive library and computing provisions, sports facilities and student services ensure that Cardiff Metropolitan University students enjoy studying in a world class environment.
- The University is consitently ranked as the TOP 'new' university in Wales in all the major ranking tables – The Times Good University Guide, The Sunday Times University Guide, The Guardian University Guide, The Independent Complete University Guide
- The Higher Education Academy's Postgraduate Research Students Survey ranked Cardiff Metropolitan among the top 10 UK universities in all of its five key areas of measurement
- High quality education which includes the latest research and innovative approaches to learning
All of Cardiff Metropolitan University's courses are designed with employability in mind
- A dynamic and cosmopolitan atmosphere with the students from over 140 countries across the world
- University has the highest proportion of international students studying at any university in Wales
- Our multi-faith community consists of 92 different religions
- For 5 years in a row, Cardiff Met has been ranked the TOP University in the UK for 'International student support' in the International Student Barometer* *ISB survey based on the overall average measure for overall international student satisfaction
- Close links with over 5000 employers ensures that all our University programmes are industry focused
- Work placements and study visits ensure Cardiff Metropolitan University students graduate with practical skills and experience
Applying for a place at University isn't just about choosing an appropriate course. Choosing a destination with the right environment and surroundings will help you make the most of your studies. Our students are fortunate to be situated in the heart of one of Europe's most exciting and multicultural destinations. Cardiff Metropolitan is situated in Cardiff, the capital city of Wales, a country with a long tradition of welcoming students from all over the world. Located only two hours from London by road or train, Cardiff has an exciting and diverse character and has recently been named as one of the world's top cities to visit by National Geographic Magazine. If you are looking for a place where you will be made to feel welcome, somewhere that is lively, safe and easy to get around, Cardiff is your answer.
Beyond our city, you can enjoy the varied and stunning landscapes of Wales itself. Wales is a country with a great deal of history and areas of outstanding beauty. Within an hour of Cardiff you could be enjoying the spectacular coastlines of South Wales, or enjoying the rugged mountain terrain of the Brecon Beacons.
With the very best in modern architecture, unspoilt parkland, a diverse range of arts and culture, and attractive countryside and stunning coastlines on the doorstep, Cardiff truly has something for everyone.
- Our degrees are recognised and respected around the world
- Cardiff Metropolitan graduates are highly sought after by employers, with 95% of our graduates employed or in further study within 6 months of graduation
- Support and advice on career choices open to all students at all stages of their degree programme