Information for Current Students
Welcome from The International Welfare Team
The International Office’s Welfare Team is here to offer you help and support for the duration of your time at Cardiff Met.
We have a dedicated and highly trained team of welfare staff who are here to provide you with advice about all aspects of living and studying in the UK.
Our Welfare Officers are available throughout the year to provide you with assistance and advice on many issues such as dealing with homesickness, immigration, accommodation, health and managing your finances and they also provide general guidance about living in the UK including procedures and regulations that international students may not be familiar with.
Frequently asked questions:
- Where can I get a letter which proves I am studying at Cardiff Met?
- How can I find accommodation in Cardiff?
- How do I register with a doctor?
- How can I find a part-time job?
- What is a National Insurance number?
- How do I open a bank account?
- Do I need to register with the police?
- Will I find an appropriate place of worship to suit my needs in Cardiff?
- Where can I get a mobile phone?
- Can I buy halal food in Cardiff?
- What visa will my parents need if they want to come to visit me?
The answers to all of these questions and many more can be found in the ‘Living in Cardiff’ section.