Strategic Insight Placements (SIP)
Recognising the value of universities engaging with issues affecting
the wider community and working with organisations outside education, the Strategic Insight Programme (SIP) was launched to help university staff develop and build relationships with external partner organisations.
SIP is a pioneering, fully-funded project to develop these collaborative partnerships by funding short term placements of university staff into external organisations, to develop the skills and ‘real world’ experience of university staff and to:
- Gain strategic insights into each other’s organisations
- Stimulate innovation to develop ideas together
- Provide a fresh perspective
- Build strategic partnerships for future collaboration
- Examine how collaborative partnering with universities can really be beneficial
Over the last 3 years Cardiff Met has successfully completed over 120 SIP projects, supported by more than £250,000 of HEFCW funding. Organisations which have taken part in SIP projects include Braces Bakery, Forestry Commission Wales and the Welsh European Funding Office (WEFO). SIP is a collaborative project between Cardiff Metropolitan University, the University of Glamorgan, University of Wales Newport and RWCMD.
For further information on SIP visit: http://www.siprogramme.org.uk/