Ronald Kwikiriza is Cardiff Met's (UWIC) International Alumni Ambassador for Uganda, he graduated in 2008 and now works for the US Department of State in Kampala. He would love for fellow Cardiff Met Alumni to get in touch, we caught up with him to see what else he's been up too.
1. What made you choose UWIC?
I wanted global exposure and the global network of friends that come along with it! I have friends in the UK, China, South America, and all over Africa! UWIC offered exactly that and the tuition fees were really affordable.
2. What made you volunteer for the role?
Strongly I would like to keep the UWIC candle alive, I always wanted to dedicate part of my life to UWIC’s cause and keep everyone together. I have always volunteered in my life.
3. What plans do you have for UWIC Alumni living in Uganda?
Active networking, set up a business club, and social networking generally.
4. Have you done anything like this before?
Never before but absolutely looking forward to the opportunity and challenge!
5. What are your hobbies and interests?
Sports, reading- and travelling!!
6. Are you still using the skills gained during you UWIC degree?
Absolutely! The case studies have made me a more confident student and team player. I am more knowledgeable about business and management and this has helped me deliver savings for my current employer!