Welcome to Cardiff Metropolitan University
Cardiff Metropolitan University provides education and training opportunities that are accessible, flexible and of the highest quality, and has been independently acclaimed for its high academic standards and for its high level of student satisfaction.
Cardiff Metropolitan University is made up of five Academic Schools:
• The renowned Cardiff School of Art & Design;
• The Cardiff School of Education - one of the leading providers of teacher training in the UK;
• The Cardiff School of Health Sciences - with the recently opened £4.9million research centre;
• The Cardiff School of Management - which offers the largest on campus MBA in the UK;
• and its famous Cardiff School of Sport.
We specialise in courses that are career orientated and which have been designed in conjunction with business and industry.
A global university
Cardiff Metropolitan University is proud to be associated with a number of high-calibre partners in the UK and internationally. The University's close alliance with its Associate College, the London School of Commerce and overseas partnerships offering our programmes in Egypt, Korea, Morocco, Sri Lanka and Singapore means that students from over 120 countries are able to study Cardiff Metropolitan University degrees and MBA programmes.
Learning and teaching will always be at the heart of what we do at Cardiff Metropolitan University. We hope you fully experience our efforts to maintain a personal touch within a friendly and supportive learning environment.
We continue to develop our profile, against strong competition, in the following areas:-
We provide a very supportive learning environment
- We recruit overseas students from over 140 countries
- We have a policy that defines student entitlement to personal tuition
- We are investing over £50 million in our estate
Our graduates get a head-start in the world of work
- 90% of our students have found employment or are undertaking further study within six months of completing their studies
- Within many of our undergraduate programmes, the provision of work placements is an assessed as part of the course
Cardiff Metropolitan University has a strong and growing reputation for research and enterprise
- Postgraduates make up 36% of the total student population - amongst the highest proportion of all Welsh universities
- Over 28% of research submitted by Cardiff Metropolitan University is rated as Internationally Excellent or World Leading and 64% of Research is rated as being of International Standing
- Cardiff Metropolitan University has a number of high-profile research and enterprise centres, including the Food Industry Centre, the Welsh Centre for Tourism Research, and the National Centre for Product Design and Development Research
We are a socially-inclusive organisation and promotes equality
- Cardiff Metropolitan University has committed to invest £10 million over the next five years to support student bursaries and other widening access measures.
Our students have many different reasons for choosing to study here. For some, the quality of the course is important; for others it is the social life and facilities offered by the city. A proportion of students tell us they chose Cardiff because the city does not leave them feeling overwhelmed; others wish to be close to their home.
Whatever the reasons for choosing Cardiff, our students say that when they leave us at the end of their course they take with them memories of friendship, warmth and hospitality.
To view our Corporate Publications, please click here.